If you’re using a Dell computer with a Dell monitor, you may discover that the monitor becomes locked when you try to change the resolution or brightness settings from within Windows. The driver door is unlocked if and only if the operating system detects a Dell monitor model.
When you unlock your Dell Monitor, the world of possibilities is opened up to you. All of your favorite social media sites and screensavers will come alive with faster speeds and exciting new features.
Unlocking a Dell monitor is easy with our step-by-step guide that is guaranteed to work every time. The whole experience will give you an old-school nostalgic feeling of unlocking something precious that was hidden away for so long.
How to Unlock Dell Monitor
If you own a Dell monitor, you may have already discovered the monitor’s hard-lock protection. The lock prevents users from changing the monitor’s graphics mode or brightness.
However, if you are an experienced professional in graphics development and require a specific resolution other than what your monitor supports, then this guide is for you.
You can unlock your Dell monitor using one of three methods: software driver unlocking, hardware hacking, or hardware bypassing.”
Methods to Unlock Your Dell Monitor
These methods will show you a step-by-step process, so you can unlock your Dell monitor. Unlocking the dell monitor ensures you are able to view the content of your desktop on any other external screens.
This is also helpful when using multiple screens. By unlocking your Dell monitor, you can properly configure everything and be able to use it in seconds.
- First, try pressing the power button for 15-20 seconds until you see a message saying the monitor is locked.
- If the above method does not work, then you will have to do a little more. Press the bottom button (not the power button) of your monitor for 15 seconds. That should unlock your monitor.
- You can unlock your Dell monitor with a menu button located on the side or front of your monitor. Press and hold the menu button for 5-10 seconds, then release and wait for a few seconds. If this does not work, you may have to repeat the process multiple times until it unlocks.
- Next, you should see a large padlock appear in the center of the screen in a box-like shape.
- However, this is not a problem with the screen itself. The monitor should work perfectly regardless of whether it is locked or unlocked.
- To unlock your Dell monitor, you must first turn off the monitor.
- You must disconnect all the cables (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP, USB) and cords from the monitor.
- Holding the monitor power button for 5 seconds.
- Then you will need to rejoin the monitor’s video card.
- Reconnect the monitor power cord.
- Switch on the monitor again.
- Unlock it by pressing and holding button 5 for about 10 seconds until an unlocked padlock appears on your screen.
- When you need to make a cold reboot of your monitor, turn off the monitor, then disconnect all cabling (power cords, USB cables, VGA cables, DVI cables, and HDMI cables) from the back of the monitor.
- Ensure that the connectors on your computer cables are not overly tight. If they are, use a screwdriver to loosen them.
- After disconnecting the cables, press the power button of the monitor for five seconds to turn it on.
- Once you have turned off the computer by pressing its power button, reconnect all its data and power cables.
- The monitor will not always have a button issue, but if it does, pressing the button can unlock it. Other issues may also need to be considered, such as hardware problems.
- To prevent your computer from being damaged, place it on a plain surface and make sure that no one accidentally presses its buttons. If this happens, clean the computer occasionally.
- Check the cables and their electrical connections, disconnecting and reconnecting them to ensure all connections are secure.
This article is written to help you in unlocking a Dell monitor that may be locked because of some security issue. So, if you are stuck up with the same issue and want to fix it by yourself, then follow the above steps.