BenQ is a leading global brand in the display industry. BenQ produces an extensive range of display products, including LCD monitors, projectors, monitors, screens, and wearables.
But wait, we are here to understand how to clean the Benq monitor: it’s easy. There is nothing like the feeling of having a clean screen. A dirty monitor can turn any user experience into frustration to the point at which we start to look for ways in which we can get rid of that dust.
Not only do dust and dirt collect on our monitors, but also fingerprints can be difficult to remove as well. Here’s how to clean the BenQ monitor:
How to Clean BenQ Monitor
BenQ Screen Cleaning Wipes are a quick and easy way to clean your monitor. Designed to be used on BenQ’s screens, they are pre-moistened with a special cleaning solution that will safely eliminate dust, fingerprints, and stains without leaving streaks or residue.
The soft fabric construction also allows them to be used on other types of monitors with screens smaller than 19 inches. The experts at the How-To Geek are here to show you exactly how to clean the BenQ monitor.
The Material You Need To Clean the BenQ Monitor
- Isopropyl alcohol diluted
- Dry microfiber cloth
12 Step-by-Step Method of Cleaning the BenQ Monitor
Cleaning your BenQ monitor is a bit like cleaning your face: you have to take off the makeup, but if you do it too hard, you’ll just end up with a red face. (And not in a good way.)
- Step 1: Power off your monitor and unplug it from its power source.
- Step 2: Put on disposable gloves.
- Step 3: Remove all cables from the back of the monitor.
- Step 4: Unscrew the screw on the top and bottom of the stand and remove it from the monitor.
- Step 5: Take two lint-free microfibre cloths (you can get them at any hardware store) and wring out any excess water.
- Step 6: Pour 70% isopropyl alcohol into one of the clothes until it’s completely saturated (don’t worry—this stuff evaporates quickly).
- Step 7: If there are stubborn dust particles that won’t come off with dusting alone, use a damp cloth or moistened cotton swab to wipe them away gently.
- Step 8: Use a soft cloth or a vacuum to remove dust from the screen and around the edges of your monitor. Dampened cotton swabs if necessary (but only if absolutely necessary; this can damage your screen). Be careful not to rub too hard or use any abrasive cleaners on your monitor as they may scratch its surface and permanently damage it!
- Step 9: Repeat steps 7 and 8 until all visible dust and dirt are removed from your BenQ monitor’s screen.
- Step 10: Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe off any remaining moisture from your monitor’s screen.
- Step 11: Take off your gloves and throw them away! You did it.
- Step 12: Let the monitor’s screen dry.
BenQ monitors are great, but they’re not perfect. That’s why we’ve put together this list of things you need to do (and not do) when cleaning your monitor without streaks so you can make sure it stays in tip-top shape.
Is it Necessary to Sanitize my BenQ Monitor?
It’s a common misconception that a monitor needs to be sanitized. In fact, there are many different kinds of monitors, each with their own unique differences in size and shape. While some monitors have more rounded corners than others, they all have one thing in common: they don’t need to be sanitized.
If you’re worried about germs on your monitor, here are some tips for keeping it clean:
- Keep your hands off of it! Your hands can carry germs from touching other surfaces and transferring them onto your monitor. If you must touch your monitor, use a handkerchief or tissue instead of your hands.
- Keep pets away from it! Pets can leave hair on furniture and even more so on electronics like monitors because they tend to shed more than humans do. If you want to keep pets off of furniture and electronics like monitors, consider using an old blanket or pillowcase as a cover for them until they get used to sleeping in their own beds again.
Things You Will Need to Remember while Cleaning the BenQ Monitor
Here are some common points you remember while cleaning your BenQ Device
Don’t use paper towels. Paper towels are just too rough on a high-quality monitor like yours. The fibers in paper towels can scratch the surface of your BenQ monitor, and that’s not something you want happening.
Instead try using a microfiber cloth instead! Microfiber is soft and gentle on delicate surfaces like yours. It will clean without leaving any scratches behind.
Avoid getting water into the monitor itself! This is especially important if you’re cleaning out a screen protector or shield that’s already installed on your BenQ monitor—you don’t want any water getting under the shield and causing damage to any internal components.
Never spray liquids directly on your screen. Liquid spills can damage electronics, so always spray liquids on another surface, then gently dab them onto your monitor with a dampened microfiber cloth—not directly onto it!
Think about what kind of chemicals you’re using on your BenQ monitors before cleaning them! There are some cleaners out there that might damage the finish or coatings on your BenQ monitor if used incorrectly—so always read labels carefully before buying
Safety Precautions While Cleaning the BenQ Monitor
- Don’t use water to clean the screen. Instead, use a soft cloth or eye makeup remover.
- Don’t clean the screen with chemicals or other household products like Windex chemical solvents such as benzene or alcohol-based because they can damage your screen’s coating.
- If you spill something on your monitor, turn it off and unplug it for at least an hour before cleaning it up. This gives time for the liquid to evaporate and prevents damage from occurring.
- Keep your BenQ monitor at least two feet away from any open flames or heat sources (like candles), as these can damage it and cause fire hazards in your home!
- Never ingest any parts of your BenQ monitor! While this may seem obvious, we’ve seen some pretty crazy things happen when people try to eat their computer parts.
- Do not use a sharp object such as a key or pen to scratch off dirt on the BenQ monitor.
- Do not spray any liquids directly on the screen; this can cause damage and discoloration of the casing and screen.
- Never attempt to open up your monitor or remove its internal parts; this may result in a fire or electric shock hazard, as well as damage to your device!
When it comes to the best monitors, BenQ is one brand that should be on your radar. It’s affordable but delivers top-notch performance and quality. If you’re looking for a setting-friendly monitor, you will love its intuitive navigation and wide range of features.
When you clean your 4k monitor, use standard glass cleaner and a lint-free cloth to ensure no streaks. To clean the screen, hold the cloth by two corners and run it over the screen. Avoid rubbing too hard since this can scratch the surface of your monitor.
How Do I Clean The Inside Of My Monitor Screen?
1. Turn off your computer and unplug it from the wall.
2. Remove any cables from the back of your computer, as well as any external keyboards, mice, and USB devices.
3. Turn your monitor over and remove its bottom cover by unscrewing it with a Phillips screwdriver or coin (depending on your model).
4. Clean the inside of your monitor with a cloth dampened with water (never use alcohol or other liquids on electronics), being careful not to get any water on its circuitry or components.
5. Replace the bottom cover and tighten all screws securely before turning on your computer again.
Kinds Of The Monitor For Cleaning?
Well, we’re here to help. The first thing you should know is that there are two kinds of monitors: CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) and LCD (Liquid Crystal Display). If it’s an LCD monitor, then the glass screen will likely be fragile and easily breakable. So if you have an LCD screen, keep in mind that any cleaning products or cloths can scratch the surface of the screen.
If it’s a CRT monitor, then you can use a wet wipe or a damp cotton cloth to get rid of dust particles on your screen. Make sure that no moisture gets into the computer itself—you don’t want to damage any components inside your computer by getting water on them!
How Do You Clean A Monitor Without Damaging It?
The first thing you need to do is take a deep breath. Then, you have to stop panicking. Now that you’ve calmed down a bit, here are some tips for cleaning your monitor:
First, turn off the monitor and disconnect it from its power source.
-Next, use a damp cloth to wipe down the screen. Be sure not to get any moisture into the ports or vents. If there’s any dust on the screen, use your fingers or a dry cloth to remove it.
-Finally, reconnect the monitor and turn it back on!