Have you guys ever thought of connecting your Xbox to a PC monitor? Find out how you can connect Xbox One to a PC monitor without HDMI.
If you have this thought in your mind then I’m here with an amazing solution. . I will also discuss various methods. So, if you are interested then find the rest of the blog here.
How to Connect Xbox One to PC Monitor Without HDMI?
Yes, you can connect an Xbox One to a computer monitor without an HDMI port by using either an HDMI-DVI adapter or an HDMI-VGA adapter. First, you need to get an HDMI-DVI adapter. They’re available on Amazon and usually cost around $10.00.
Once you have your adapter, plug one end of it into the HDMI port on your Xbox One
Then plug the other end into a VGA cable. The VGA cable will plug into your computer monitor or TV through its VGA port.
That’s all there is to it! Now you can play games on your computer monitor or TV using your Xbox One console, without having to buy any new equipment.
About Connecting Xbox One to PC Monitor
Before moving ahead you must first realize the need of doing this process. I did research and found the following details.
The need to connect Xbox one to PC monitor without HDMI arises when you want to play Xbox games on your computer monitor, but you don’t have an HDMI cable.
The first step is to ensure that your PC monitor has a VGA port, as well as an audio jack.
You can use any VGA cable with these ports, such as those used for connecting a laptop or desktop computer.
Once you’ve connected the cable from the Xbox One console to your PC monitor’s VGA port, you’ll need to connect the audio cable from the console’s USB port into your computer’s USB.
You should also connect a power cord from the console into an electrical outlet.
This will allow you to play games without having to keep pushing buttons on your controller because it won’t lose power during gameplay!
Now let’s move to the main point. I have listed all steps which you need to follow for a successful connection.
1. Gather the Necessary Cables and Adapters
The first step in connecting your Xbox One to a PC monitor is to gather the necessary cables and adapters.
You’ll need to buy an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox One to the computer monitor. You can find these cables at most electronics stores, as well as online.
The price will vary based on length, but you should be able to find one for around $10 or less.
Alternatively, if you don’t have an HDMI port on your computer monitor, then you’ll need an adapter that will allow it to work with an HDMI cable.
These adapters are also readily available at most electronics stores and online for about $20 or less.
2. Using DisplayPort
If you’re looking to display your Xbox One on a PC monitor, and don’t have an HDMI cable handy, you can try using a DisplayPort cable instead.
This may not be as simple as using an HDMI cable, but it’s still a relatively simple process. Follow these steps:
- Connect the DisplayPort end of the cable to your Xbox One.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your computer monitor or TV (depending on which you’re using).
- Press “Start” on your Xbox One controller and navigate to “Settings.”
- Select “Display & Sound,” then choose “Video Output” from within this menu.
- Choose “Advanced Video Settings,” then select “Display Adapter.”
3. Using DVI (Digital Visual Interface)
If you want to connect your Xbox One to a PC monitor, but don’t have an HDMI cable handy, I recommend you to use the digital visual interface (DVI) cable.
This will allow you to connect your Xbox One directly to a PC monitor and use it as an alternative display.
You’ll need two separate cables: one for the video signal and one for the audio signal. The video signal uses an HDMI or DVI connector and has four pins in it.
The audio signal uses an RCA connector and has three pins in it.
To connect your Xbox One console using DVI:
- Connect the DVI end of your video cable into the back of your console’s HDMI port on the left side (if you’re looking at it from behind).
- Connect the other end of this cable into one of your PC monitor’s DVI ports (again, if you’re looking at it from behind).
- Your monitor may have two ports; if so, use either one as long as it matches up with what connects on your console side of things.
- If not, try using only one port at first then switch later if needed.
- You may find that one works better than another depending on where each is located in relation to other hardware devices.
4. VGA Connection
The Xbox One was designed to be used with a high definition television. That’s why it has an HDMI output.
However, you can connect your Xbox One to a computer monitor without using an HDMI cable. You’ll need a VGA cable and a VGA adapter for this process.
To connect your Xbox One to a PC monitor without using an HDMI cable, I suggest you to follow these steps:
- Plug one end of the VGA cable into your Xbox One’s AV port (the port at the back of the console that says “AV In” on it).
- Plug the other end of the VGA cable into an available port on your PC monitor or TV.
- If you’re using a TV as your monitor, place the cable on top of your TV’s remote control so that it won’t get lost or damaged when you’re playing games or watching movies.
- Plug one end of the VGA adapter into one end of your VGA cable (it doesn’t matter which end).
- Plug another end of the VGA adapter into an available port on your computer monitor or TV (again, either end will do).
5. Using HDMI to DVI Adapter
If you’re looking to connect your Xbox One to a PC monitor without using HDMI, then you’ll need an adapter.
First, you’ll need to make sure that your monitor has a DVI port. Next, you’ll need to buy an HDMI to DVI adapter.
Then, simply connect the HDMI end of the adapter into the back of your Xbox One console and plug the other end into your monitor’s DVI port.
You can also use a USB-to-HDMI cable if you don’t have an adapter handy.
I found this option better than using an RCA cable because it allows for higher resolutions and doesn’t require any external power source.
However, there are certain limitations such as no support for 5GHz wireless connections or automatic color format detection (YCbCr/RGB).
6. Audio Solutions
One of the biggest problems with connecting an Xbox One to a PC monitor is that you will likely not be able to get the audio set up on your TV and monitor at the same time.
This can be frustrating because it means you’ll have to manually switch between them, which can be annoying when you just want to get back into your game.
The good news is that I have an easy way around this problem.
By using a sound bar or speaker system that has HDMI ports and Bluetooth connectivity, you can get both your image and audio signals from your Xbox One connected to both devices.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable into your Xbox One console.
- Then connect the other end into your TV or monitor.
- If you have a sound bar or speaker system with HDMI ports, connect it next by plugging in one end of its HDMI cable into your TV or monitor.
- Then plug in another end into one of its ports (this should be clearly labeled).
- Then turn on both devices so they can begin communicating with each other!
- Once both devices are turned on, go into Settings > Display & Sounds > Audio Output > Digital Audio (HDMI) > Enabled
7. Adjusting Xbox One Settings
The last step is to adjust the settings on your Xbox One so that it can connect to your PC monitor.
You should have already configured your monitor, keyboard, and mouse to work with your computer. Now you will configure your Xbox One so that it can connect to this same hardware.
- First, make sure that everything is turned on and connected properly.
- Then go into Settings > Display & Sound > Video Output.
- Here you will find a list of display modes for your console.
- The one you want to choose is “HDMI.”
- This will allow you to use HDMI video cables for both audio and video from both your computer monitor and your Xbox One controller or headset.
Connecting Xbox to PC Monitor Wirelessly
Now Let me teach you how to connect Xbox wirelessly. I did research and found some methods to do so. These are easy to follow and reliable.
1. Miracast or Wireless Display Adapter
If you’re looking to connect your Xbox One to a monitor wirelessly, there are few options. One is the Miracast or Wireless Display Adapter.
Miracast is a wireless protocol that allows you to stream content from your mobile device to a display.
It’s not as fast as the Wireless Display Adapter, but it’s easy to set up and it works with any monitor that has an HDMI port.
You can also use Miracast if you want to stream from your PC or Mac laptop. Wireless Display Adapter is a separate device that connects directly between the Xbox One and the monitor.
This means that it doesn’t require any kind of software installation on your computer and will work with any monitor as long as it has an HDMI port.
2. Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct is a peer-to-peer wireless connection that allows you to connect your Xbox One console directly with a PC monitor.
If you have a wireless router, you can connect them both wirelessly, which will allow you to play games on your PC monitor.
Wi-Fi Direct works even if your Xbox is connected via an Ethernet cable or if it’s connected through a USB cable.
To enable Wi-Fi Direct on your Xbox One console:
- Press the Guide button in the center of the controller.
- Then press X to open the menu.
- Select Settings, then Network Settings, and finally Advanced Settings.
- Select Enable Wireless Display.
- Then select Yes when prompted by a dialog box asking you if you want to enable it.
3. Stream via Windows 10 Xbox App
In order to connect your Xbox to PC monitor wirelessly, you will need a Windows 10 machine and an Xbox One console.
You will also need a USB cable to connect your Xbox One controller to the Windows 10 machine. Once you have all of these things, follow these steps:
- Open the Xbox app on your computer and login with your Microsoft account credentials.
- Select the Connect option under the Broadcast & Capture section of the app.
- On your Xbox One console, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Set up Network > Set up a wired or wireless network if required.
- Then select Connect Now from the list of networks in order to connect it to your Windows 10 machine.
4. Chromecast or Mirroring Device
Chromecast is a device that allows you to stream content from your phone or laptop onto your TV screen.
You can also use it to connect your computer monitor wirelessly by using it as a secondary display.
This means that anything you do on your computer will show up on the TV screen—and vice versa!
If you’re using Chrome on either computer or smartphone, this process is incredibly simple and takes only a few minutes.
- First, go into settings.
- Select “Display Settings.”
- Then choose “Mirroring” from the list of options (it should be near the top).
- Finally, click on “Your Phone” next to both Mirroring & Casting and “Connect Your Phone.”
- Now open up Chrome browser on either device (if not already) and click on the menu icon.
5. DLNA Streaming
DLNA stands for Digital Living Network Alliance. It allows several devices on a network to share media files with each other.
The Xbox One S supports DLNA streaming through its HDMI port, which allows you to connect it directly to any HDMI-enabled monitor or TV in your home network.
This means that any device that supports DLNA streaming can stream media files from the Xbox One S without needing any additional equipment beyond an HDMI cable.
Testing and Troubleshooting
Now as you have gone through a detailed method but you can still face some problems. Don’t worry as I have solutions for these; so, let’s have a look!
|Incorrect cable or adapter
|Ensure you’re using the correct cable or adapter (e.g., DisplayPort to HDMI).
|Monitor input source not set correctly.
|Check the monitor’s input source and switch it to the correct one.
|Xbox One settings need adjustment.
|Go to Xbox One settings and configure video output settings.
|Faulty cable or connection
|Try a different cable and check connections.
|Monitor compatibility issues.
|Verify that the monitor supports the Xbox One’s output resolution.
|Xbox One hardware issue.
|Contact Xbox support if the console is the problem.
|PC monitor not powered on.
|Ensure the PC monitor is turned on.
|Xbox One not powered on.
|Ensure the Xbox One is powered on.
If you’re looking to connect your Xbox One to a PC monitor without using HDMI, VGA, DVI, or DisplayPort cables, there are a few other options.
You can connect your Xbox One to a PC monitor using an MHL cable. This is the same kind of cable that connects the HDMI port on your smartphone to your TV.
It’s not as common as HDMI or DisplayPort, but it’s an option if you have one lying around or want to buy one specifically for this purpose.
You can also use an HDBaseT cable (HDMI over Ethernet).
This is similar to MHL in that it transmits video over a single cable—but instead of connecting directly to a phone or tablet, it connects directly to an Ethernet jack on your router.
This post will guide you on how to connect an Xbox One to a PC monitor without HDMI. This is a great option for those people who are not having Xbox One HDMI cable.
This will also help in case you want to connect your Xbox One to a tv and you don’t have any available HDMI port.
It is very easy to set up this connection as I have mentioned in the above paragraphs.
Does VGA to HDMI Work?
Yes, VGA to HDMI works. The VGA connector is a video and sound interface standard that has been around for decades, but it is still used by many computer users today.
How can I Display My Xbox Screen Without HDMI?
Go to the Settings menu on your Xbox One. Choose System, then Display. Choose Resolution and check the box next to 1080p. Press B/Y to save changes and exit out of settings.
What is the Alternative to VGA Port?
The alternative to VGA port is DVI port. It is a video interface standard that is designed to transmit uncompressed video data to a display device.